“Every soul sings the song of love. You were created for this feeling, which neither begins nor ends but simply is. Love shows no partiality and is its own reward. It can’t be possessed, nor does it possess. It withholds nothing, and with it, there’s no limit. Anything other than this is illusion. To understand true love is to embrace all.” John F. Demartini
By: Christine Crosby, Editorial Director, GRAND – The Digital Magazine for Grandparents and Families
Showing your love goes far beyond words alone. Telling someone you love them is a good thing to do and you should say it every chance you get, but showing them through action and deed makes it real. Aside from sending cards and flowers or buying expensive gifts, here are a dozen ways to show your love.
- Demonstrate your trust.
- Allow your vulnerability to show.
- Do things for each other without being asked.
- Share your dreams and your history with each other.
- Do the things to make sure the other person feels important.
- Listen carefully and look them in the eyes.
- Leave a sweet card or note in their sock drawer, book bag, refrigerator, purse, jacket or any other place they will easily find it.
- Be goofy together. Do silly things that make you laugh and feel care-free.
- Show your respect, be considerate and polite.
- Smile and hug often.
- Find time to “just be together” without having a big agenda.
- Don’t put your head in the sand and ignore dangerous or damaging behaviors. Tough love can save more than a relationship…it can save a life.